Thanks for praying!
June 30, 2014
Team Stone's situation turned right around as a result of your prayers! They ended up with hundreds of surveys and people interested in more information after we posted that last prayer point. And the rain stopped, too! God answers prayer!
We have aa hip hop group here with us at the moment. Since we already had two hip hop artists on the team, this is one energetic tour! They set off today for Bursa and Antalya - pray that they would have many conversations with people and have freedom to share the good news.
Team Stone needs your prayers!
May 26, 2014
We appreciate your intercession for our two tours that are on the road right now.
Team Stone has been hit from all sides - serious illness, injury, missing vehicle papers - but the worst is the lack of interest or spiritual conversations at the venues that they have had. This is so unusual, we realise we are in a spiritual battle.
Would you intercede for them right now? They have a big event tonight in a city in the east but the fact that it's Monday may mean that numbers are low - your prayers are crucial! Thanks!
Everyone on the road!
May 22, 2014
What a ten days it has been. Because of the mining disaster in Turkey, all public music and 'celebration' was cancelled for about five days - just as we had two tours starting. We were grieved too - and asked God to show us the way.
Our new street theatre, The Gardener, did its first performances in front of a university in Istanbul on Sunday. We had a sign expressing our sorrow for the tragedy and handbills with bank numbers where donations could be sent. This was appreciated. We had three performances in front of large crowds. When a girl was gushing how much she liked the performance to one of our girls, she was asked if she understood the message. `Oh yes!` she said. `Jesus came to earth to save us and help us find our way back to the garden!`
The team has now been in three different provinces since Monday, with lots of good crowds and more than 100 surveys filled out for more info! Please pray for the next week, more provinces and that even more would hear and understand the message.
Team Stone has had a rougher time - vehicle issues, trouble finding the right bricks for the martial arts team, illness and many other problems. We're trusting this is because God wants to use them so much! They just arrived in the south of Turkey tonight, an intact team for the first time. PLEASE PRAY for love, unity and annointing to proclaim Jesus.
Two Turkey tours coming up
May 10, 2014
We have two tours happening at more or less the same time in Turkey starting next week. Please pray for the...
- Good connections with believers in the cities we go to. We would like to see nationals get a vision for taking the street outreach concept and incorporating it in their own city and province.
- This is a brand new show about creation, the fall and how God made a way to get back to the garden. Pray that it speaks deeply to those who see it.
- With under a week to go, there are still lots of last-minute preparations for the new show.
- Drama rehearsals have gone well, but pray for the team to develop a synergy with one another both in general and in the performances...that they would be unified in every way.
- For many seeds of the good news to be planted in the hearts of many who have never had the chance to hear the Gospel before.
Team Stone Tour
- This tour will travel over 3,000 km (1,800 miles). Presently both our equipment and passenger vans have issues. Our equipment van still needs a special document for us to drive legally. Our passenger van is on the Face-to-face tour. We are in the process of finding another to rent. Pray that these things happen before we need to hit the road.
- On this tour we will have a martial arts presentation. One of the key elements in their presentation are cement blocks for breaking. The ones they need are not standard blocks, and custom made ones are VERY expensive. We now hope to make the blocks ourselves but need to buy forms to make them. Pray that this all comes together.
- As is always the case we want to share as openly as possible at every venue. We plan to do a very clear presentation in a drama that we do at every show. We will also be giving out DVD's either to every one who fills out a survey for follow-up or to several in a drawing at the end of the shows. In summary may God give us wisdom to be bold yet wise.
Albanian tour underway!
April 5, 2014
Our team, ministering under the name 'Ekklesia' is hard at work in Albania! Using a blend of music (Christian, popular and Albanian), dance and illusions, they are drawing crowds on the street. Many stay around for the whole show which include Adrian (the illusionist)'s testimony and a presentation of the gospel. There are many children! The team's already handed out all the children's book the local church had. Plenty of Bible are also being distributed, with lots of good conversations.
Many surveys are being filled out and two girls expressed interest in attending a church - pray that they will tomorrow! And keep praying with us to be listening for God's leading, and new energy and ways to connect with the people we meet. :-)